Do you have questions about your HiNation product? You’ve come to the right place.
1) What kind of products do you sell?
We sell high-quality products that makes living without access to an electrical grid easier. For example solar panels, batteries and lamps.
2) When will I receive my products?
We will send your products as soon as we have all of your items in stock.
3) Do you ship to my country?
Yes, most likely. We ship worldwide.
That’s all for now! We will add more questions as they arise. If you were unable to find the answer to your questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Have a question about HiLight? Feel free to read on below.
Userguide and Troubleshooting
HiLight General FAQ
1) How do I check the power level of my HiLight?
2) Why doesn’t my HiLight light up?
3) Why does the red LED shows up?
4) Is HiLight waterproof?
5) Why are there bubbles on my solar panel?
6) Will the battery drain away if I’m not using my HiLight?
7) What is included in the HiLight Warranty?
8 ) How can I purchase HiLight?
9) How do I activate the Hibernate mode?
10) I lost my user guide! Can I get a new one?
11) I did not find the answer to my question, how can I reach you?
1) How can I charge my HiLight?
2) How long will I take to fully charge my HiLight?
3) How do I know if my HiLight is charging?
4) How do I use my HiLight to charge my devices?
5) Why is my device not charging?
6) Why is my device not charging under the Sun?
HiLight General FAQ
1. How do I check the power level of my HiLight?
Hold onto the button for more than 1 sec and see the number of green LEDs lit up.
2. Why doesn’t my HiLight light up?
3. Why does the red LED shows up?
This may be due to several reasons:
1) The battery is outside the temperature range (-5 to 60 deg C)
2) HiLight is discharging too quickly (charging many devices at once etc.)
You can solve this problem by moving to a place with more favourable temperature or disconnecting any devices from the HiLight. Next hold onto the button till the green LEDs lit up. After that you can continue using your HiLight.
4. Is HiLight waterproof?
HiLight is not waterproof and is not intended to be used under water. In any case that water has entered the HiLight, let it dry completely by removing the (orange/grey) screen and opening the USB port cover.
5. Why are there bubbles in my solar panel?
6. Will the battery drain away if I’m not using my HiLight?
HiLight v102 comes with hibernate mode. By activating hibernate mode, it will ensure that the battery is maintained when not in use. To activate hibernate mode, hold onto the button for >10 secs or till you see the green LEDs blink. To reactivate the HiLight, simply press the button to use it again.
7. What is included in the HiLight Warranty?
HiNation® guarantees your HiLight to be free from defects in material and workmanship for 12 months or according to the country regulatory requirements from the date of purchase. If, during the applicable warranty period from the date of original consumer purchase, HiNation® finds your HiLight to be defective, HiNation®, at its option, will replace with a new or refurbished equivalent, without charge for parts or labor. Normal “Wear and Tear”, and damaged batteries are not covered by this warranty.
8. How can I purchase HiLight?
The simplest way is to purchase through our website. Please click here.
For huge quantities, please email our international sales manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. How do I activate the Hibernate mode?
HiLight’s unique Hibernate mode allows you to store the internal battery and use it in times of emergency.
To activate Hibernate mode:
1) Hold onto the button for >10 sec or till the green LEDs disappear.
2) Release the button and the green LEDs will flash several times before disappearing.
Note: Do not press the button when the green LEDs are flashing.
10. I lost my user guide! Can I get a new one?
11. I did not find the answer to my question, how can I reach you?
If you have any questions related to our product, feel free to reach us at +46 70 930 50 20 or email us at email@example.com.
2. Is HiLight compatible with my iPhone?
Yes. When the HiLight is full, it is able to charge 3 iPhones (not at once) from empty to full battery.
Note: it is essential to use authorised iPhone cables when charging.
3. Is HiLight compatible with my iPad?
The HiLight is compatible with iPad 1. We have been able to charge iPad 2 and iPad3, however we do not dare to guarantee it. Note: it is essential to use authorised iPad cables when charging.
2. How long will I take to fully charge my HiLight?
For charging via solar, it will take approximately 10 hours.
For charging via micro-USB, it will take approximately 8 hours.
Note: when charging from sun, shadowing or clouds will decrease the efficiency.Direct the solar panel 90 deg to the sun for the best result.
3. How do I know if my HiLight is charging?
When charging, there will be flowing green LEDs. The number of LEDs reflects the battery level in the HiLight. Refer to General FAQ Q1.
Note: when charging from solar, it till take a few moments.
4. How do I use my HiLight to charge my devices?
Connect the USB cable from HiLight to your devices and hold onto the button till the green LEDs appear. Your device should be charging. Charging will automatically switch off when the device is full or when HiLight is empty.
5. Why is my device not charging?
This may be due to several reasons:
1) The internal battery may be empty. Check the internal battery by holding onto the button for more than 1 sec.
2) The charging cable if not compatible. If you are charging an iPad, please make sure that you are using an authorized iPad cable.
3) Your device might consume more power than the output of HiLight. The red LEDs will light up. Connect only appropriate devices according to specifications.
Note: Refer to General FAQ Q3
6. Why is my HiLight not charging under the Sun?
This may be due to an empty internal battery. HiLight requires a certain amount of energy to activate the solar charging function under the Sun. Check that the internal battery has at least 1 green LED. If the internal battery is empty, proceed to charge HiLight from the wall/computer via micro USB and you can charge HiLight under the Sun afterwards.
Note: Refer to General FAQ Q1 on how to check HiLight internal battery level.
If you were unable to find the answer to your questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.